Hi

I bought some enamels from the from someone but I think some are for ceramics and some for copper this is what he wrote back to me when I questioned him.

There is no such thing as 'jewellery enamel' this is a marketing term used for hobbyists. The powders and the solids are all ground glass. I have used them on copper and steel, they were vitrified in a kiln. I have also screen-printed with them on to a transfer substance which is then applied to ceramics and again vitrified in a kiln. However, it is not to be confused with ceramic glazes.

Everything you have is left over from my postgraduate course. The university only purchased enamels from W G Ball / Cooksongold. It is possible that some of the colours have been discontinued but they are still perfectly useable.

The flux and onglaze in the tubs will need to be ground back down, it should then be sieved and can either be used as a dry powder or mixed with water for more painterly effects.

The pink enamel D 3410 was the only one with a number is this one of your old enamels ?

Thanks for any help Liz