Hello all, I'm delurking after several years of reading your wisdom and inspirational thoughts and ideas, so thank you for that!

I started silversmithing in my late teens, because it had called to me since being a kid. I did a bit, gave up because of various life things, and took it up again in 2018. I've spent the last three years building up my kit, albeit very cheaply - I'm not wealthy!

I've got the chance to have a small section of a stall in a craft fair in two weeks time. I really want to do well. I've been producing nice pieces for around two years, and just gifting to friends, so I have a little stash to put out on my bit of stall. My question is just coming up, btw! One bit of kit that I've always loved the idea of is a polishing tumbler (I know they're not essential, I've just always liked the idea). I was just looking through my cellar to find things I could sell on eBay to try to buy a Vevor one (I know it's not it's not the best, but I've got to start somewhere), and saw my old bread maker and pasta maker. They're both already second hand and I've used both to almost destruction, but they still function.

So, my question (be gentle, I know it's a bit nuts)...could I possibly press either into service as a makeshift jewellery tumbler? With liquid, soap and shot, the action would agitate the contents, and (I thought) MIGHT work. Is that completely crazy? I'm not going to use either for food again.

Thanks for any comments and help, I might duck and hide now!