Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some of my work

Hi Emma, Thanks for your super comments - receiving these really gives me a boost because after finishing my first year at HND I didn't feel I was as good as I thought I was. Anyway, the first ring is not cast but made up of a few scrap bits of silver arranged together and then melted to give me the form. I then added the bezel and that was it. I do think that I should start getting moulds done of them though as they really turn out good. What started as an experiment is turning out to be super.

Question Peyote stitch

Quote Originally Posted by amberdragon View Post
    Hi Petal, thanks for your lovely comments, so here's my answer. The necklace is made up of mainly peyote stitch, with the central 'spine' of it being a combination of double and single. This gives it a spiral shape. Then, strings of beads are added to it followed by adding the flowers and leaves. Next a series of peyote sections are added just to fill in gaps and that's it! Took me weeks it did!
    Hi Amberdragon,

Don't be too hard on yourself - you need to believe that you create beautiful pieces that people will want to buy.

I thought there was an awful lot of work and time involved in your necklace. Ah, Peyote stitch is one I haven't tried yet, but it's got a lovely structure to it. How easy was it to learn - did you teach yourself, or go to classes locally?

I'd like to have a go at mixing woven stitches with wirework, but need to learn tons more and then practice, practice, before I get to that stage.

Jules
    Last edited by Petal; 21-07-2009 at 12:46 PM.