Thread: Hello - newbie here!

Default Hello - newbie here!

Hi All!

I have been making beaded jewellery on and off for years but have always wanted to try my hand at making 'proper' jewellery and have a go at silversmithing. I finally took the plunge and have done two different workshops. I am hooked! So much so that my bank balance is non existant now thanks to Cookson Gold and I have also converted a spare room into what my 6 year old grandson calls my 'making room'

I look forward to reading through all of the advice but I may well have a few questions of my own that will need answering!

Hello RD, and welcome to the forum. Dennis.

Hi Dennis

Thank you!

TBH I have been looking through a lot of the posts on here and am a little daunted. People talk about things that I have absolutely no idea about. I know everyone is really friendly and helpful but I have a question but am reluctant to ask for fear of making myself look ridiculous..

If you don't ask you won't find out don't be afraid we all had to start somewhere, there are no ridiculous questions, (well very very few) I have been doing this pretty much for 10 years and there are still questions I need to ask.

Thank you china.

I am familiar with a lot of terminology but sometimes things just seem way over my head. You're right - I 've got to have a bit more confidence.