Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complete beginner 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Lou333 View Post
    I think it must be a glitch or probably something I was doing as now it’s coming up at £8.22 ��
    Just out of interest how wide would you buy to make a nice chunky cuff?
    Absolutely love your work ��
    Thanks Lou! I wouldn’t call it a cuff under 3/4in to 1 ins, sorry I’d need to get the ruler out for mm. I suppose I have done perhaps 2 or 3 ins, depends who you are making for and how it sits on a wrist. I’d make them thinner if wider or it’s too heavy. I’ve only ever made one that fits me and it was wide and oval. I think wrists are funny things and always like customers to try them on. I’ve stopped making them for the moment but I do like the hammering part!

Hi folks,
    I dont know how you are doing your screenshots, but they are giving me vertigo.
    Here they are again, hopefully more in focus.

Yes, wire is more expensive than sheet, always has been. If I were making it, I would go for 10-12mm in width.
    Might not qualify as a cuff, but would be comfy to wear Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails siver strip cut from sheet.jpg   similar made from wire.jpg  
    Last edited by Dennis; 01-04-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hi folks,
    I dont know how you are doing your screenshots, but they are giving me vertigo.
    Here they are again, hopefully more in focus.

Yes, wire is more expensive than sheet, always has been. If I were making it, I would go for 10-12mm in width.
    Might not qualify as a cuff, but would be comfy to wear Dennis.
    Gosh Dennis you must know by now that women don’t go for comfort but style even if it hurts! I’ve still got 2 sets of thin ones and I have to wear them all together because I’m the only one they seem to fit now

Ha ha, I'll take your word for it Caroline, as I dont wear them myself, even for me rheumatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Ha ha, I'll take your word for it Caroline, as I dont wear them myself, even for me rheumatics.
    I’m always getting complaints about there being nothing for men at my shows but the only men I know who wear jewellery are old hippies!

I've made loads of cuffs, varying in size from 25mm wide to 40mm and use 0.70mm thick. Anticlastic shaping mostly. I have sometimes used other thicknesses up to 1mm.

For sheet wire to get close to the same price (£78.29 inc vat) I have to enter 30mm wide so you may be adding a 0 in somewhere. for cut sheet 1.5mm thick, 3mm wide and 160mm long I get £8.11

For 1.6mm by 3.2mm wire 160mm long I get £10.26