Thread: Help with Sievert torch please

Question Help with Sievert torch please

Hi! My Sievert torch flame has gradually lost power over the last month or so and then just went out during use! I’ve taken it apart and I think the head is blocked (as I can’t blow through it!) I have boiled it and scrubbed it with a toothbrush but still no flame. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just buy a new head? I’ve only had the torch about 2 years and I definitely haven’t run out of gas!

I don’t have a lot of experience, but a similar thing happened to me except I thought I had run out of gas, it turned out that the regulator on the gas cylinder which has a push button had become stuck just kept pushing until it released!

Wash it in hot soapy water, blow through with compressed air while still wet dry it off with a hair dryer and try again the most likely part to be blocked will be the injector the part with the tiny hole, on most burners you can remove the injector and buy a replacement if required, (unlikely after only two years) if you have access to a set of cleaning drills you can run the appropriate size through, don't use a pin as you can damage the injector. If all that fails the hose could delaminating inside and blocking the gas the regulator could faulty.
    Last edited by china; 29-03-2022 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-B View Post
    I don’t have a lot of experience, but a similar thing happened to me except I thought I had run out of gas, it turned out that the regulator on the gas cylinder which has a push button had become stuck just kept pushing until it released!
    Thankyou Peter, I think the black button is working fine but I will try this also.

Thank you China, I will try these things and see how it goes.

I haven't had to do this yet myself but I've seen that some people put it in an ultrasonic to clean it? Has anyone here tried that?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LynnP View Post
    Hi! My Sievert torch flame has gradually lost power over the last month or so and then just went out during use! I’ve taken it apart and I think the head is blocked (as I can’t blow through it!) I have boiled it and scrubbed it with a toothbrush but still no flame. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just buy a new head? I’ve only had the torch about 2 years and I definitely haven’t run out of gas!
    I contacted Sievert and they recommended spraying the detached head with WD40 and leaving fir 2-3 hours, cleaning it off and reattaching. This has worked and I am back in action!! Thank you for your responses.

That's a good tip and useful to know. Many thanks for that.
    Jules