Thread: Silver Beaded Stretch Bracelets - Newbie, Help!

Lightbulb Silver Beaded Stretch Bracelets - Newbie, Help!

I'd like to try making sterling silver beaded stretch bracelets like the one shown below. I'm a complete novice so if anyone can offer any advice on equipment/tools needed & any tutorials etc it would be much appreciated ☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 515YD44NFTL._AC_UY500_.jpg  

Either buy drilled silver beads, or make them good learning experience and string them on elastic cord.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heBrnKKsg0M

There are many videos on the net to choose from.

Yes that video gives you a good guide to the subject, but it is sponsored , so will favour one make of elastic.
    When I did this for my acrylic stretch bracelets, I preferred Beadalon Elasticity, which on pre-stretching, recovered almost perfectly.

To glue the knot, I used G-S Hypo cement, which dries rubbery and not brittle, but is quite slow setting.

So to summarise, make sure the beads are not sharp around the holes, and fit the thread loosely.
    Pre-stretch the thread, and finish the knot with glue.

Choose two hole beads, maybe from Cookson, and if needed a cheap diamond bead reamer on line. https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/2570...0aAtN8EALw_wcB

My bracelet had two rows of elastic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ac5 Elastc Bracelet 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Either buy drilled silver beads, or make them good learning experience and string them on elastic cord.

There are many videos on the net to choose from.
    Thank you 😊

Thank you for your help ☺

Will most sterling silver beads need use of the diamond bead reamer then? Is there anywhere other than cookson gold you would recommend purchasing the beads/charms from?

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
    Thank you for your help ☺

Will most sterling silver beads need use of the diamond bead reamer then? Is there anywhere other than cookson gold you would recommend purchasing the beads/charms from?
    I think you might have to do a search as there are many companies. Burhouse Beads were reasonable in the past but there will be many more now

Here is a page for sterling silver beads. choose what you want by price and hole size if stated. https://www.google.com/search?channe...ver2hole+beads

Charms will need a separate search.

Silver beads are made of thin material, which by its nature will cut into elastic over time, like a blunt knife. My feeling is that this would be less of a problem with thickish elastic, say 1.0mm, and a loose fit.

You cant always predict the size of hole you will get, and the reamer would help you enlarge it. Dennis.

It is not difficult to make such bracelets, the most important thing is to buy an elastic cord to string the beads, and the rest depends on you.

It is not difficult to make such bracelets, the most important thing is to buy an elastic cord to string the beads, and the rest depends on you. Personally, I don't like metal bracelets, I like promise bracelets for couples the most. It's very cute when you can put some phrase on the bracelet that connects you and your soulmate. So you can tell the whole world about the strength of your feelings for your partner. But metal bracelets are somehow boring, it seems to me. In my opinion, bracelets made of wooden beads are much more in trend now than metal ones. Anyway I'm sure that you will be creative and I wish you Good luck.
    Last edited by Pardeevitchok; 20-09-2022 at 01:49 PM.