Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sievert professional Torch Kit propane question

Does not appear to be any shortage down here all the camping shops have cylinders on the shelf, plenty of gas to go in them, ( 9 kg $45 too fill ) lasts me a very long time. The I only run a little torch.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Does not appear to be any shortage down here all the camping shops have cylinders on the shelf, plenty of gas to go in them, ( 9 kg $45 too fill ) lasts me a very long time. The I only run a little torch.
    I’ve noticed on other forums that there has been a shortage of valor tanks all over the country for some months, just as the shelves are a tad bare in places in the supermarkets

I wanted to upgrade from the primus 2000 bottles to a larger propane bottle. I live not far away from a large commercial gas supply depot and went to buy a 6kg bottle. I was told that it was refils only and Calor are not sending out any new bottles so they can't rent out any new bottles.

I ordered a 6kg bottle off the Flogas website and had no problems with it getting it delivered (although I believe that a couple of the sizes e.g. 11kg were out of stock online, I don't know about local stockists). There's also a Flogas depot not too far from me (although i do have to go South of the Tyne).

Flogas group their bottles into categories so the 6kg bottle I have is in the small propane category and I could swap the empty for anything in the same group - I could swap it out for a 3.5kg or an 11kg bottle if they have them in stock depending on my needs.