Thread: "Extensive Platinum Guide PDF" Mentioned In a 2013 Post

Default "Extensive Platinum Guide PDF" Mentioned In a 2013 Post

Hi guys,

I came across a post from 2013 titled "soldering platinum -help !" in the Question Time forum. I would link but I am too new to these forums and don't have the permission.

On the 5th post down by a user named SteveLAO he mentions "a extremely comprehensive pdf that we put together with Johnson Matthey concerning everything you need to know about working with platinum."

He hasn't been active since 2015 though.

Does anyone have this extensive guide still? I can't find it by searching these forums.

TIA.

-Brian

SteveLAO worked at London assay office if memory serves so maybe see if it can be downloaded from there ?

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    SteveLAO worked at London assay office if memory serves so maybe see if it can be downloaded from there ?
    Ok thanks for the info.

Yes Josef is right but he was made redundant which was a great shame as he always had useful advice. It may well be somewhere in their downloads if not give them a call

Unfortunately Steve is no longer with them, and they said they do not have the guide. :-(

https://www.scribd.com/document/3451...on-to-Platinum maybe this is it ? not sure how genuine the site is so I've not downloaded it

Scribd's a mixed bag, but that does look like the doc. Bizarre that they haven't retained it (and I can't find it on Matthey's site, nor on the Wayback machine).

Ok sounds good. I emailed Matthey from the email provided on that guide preview.

Thanks a lot guys!