Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bewlidered!

Default Bewlidered!

I turned 85 today, and I have been 55 years on the bench. I am happy to share my work on this forum, but I find the navigation and icons and procedures totally confusing. I attempted to do a step by step on an art deco make from concept to finished ring. It seemed I was allowed only five pictures when I needed about fifteen. But I may have been mistaken. Or maybe I was in the wrong area altogether. I have designed a vertical drawbench that is bolted to the wall, and has no footprint, for the tiny workshop. Cost about 50 or 60 of your pounds and other tools and modifications. My daughter will help with the posting, but I have to know what is allowed or not. I have been blessed with a career of doing what I love.

As far as I am aware you can only post five pictures at a time to save web space, nothing to prevent you making several posts each with five pictures, most forums have a variation of this restriction, navigation is just a matter of learning, it really is not that hard when you get into it, trust me if I can do it you can, I would be the most computer illiterate person on the planet. Don't be afraid to ask for assistance I have found that most of the forum members are a pretty easy going mob and will help if they can, have you checked out the Jewellery Making Forum Rules Section.

P.S. Happy Birthday

Thats sounds a great project. I think there is also a limit on the size of picture you can post, if I post an image straight from my phone or camera it wont let me. I use a free online program to make the file size smaller its a bit of a pain but worth it in the end !

https://www.reduceimages.com/ you can also host your images somewhere else like a website for example and link to them that gets round the file size and amount. I will have a look at the best way to do this and post about it

another test

Last edited by josef1; 20-01-2022 at 12:10 PM.

A quick video on putting images on the forum,so all the above pictures make sense ! The website that hosts the images is called http://postimages.org/ . Hope it helps and if you have any problems I will do my best to help

Cheers Joe

Multiple posts are quite good as it allows you time to take it all in without being overwhelmed

Thank you all so much. It's starting to make sense! BTW got a new kindle for my 85th and the best choccy cake ever!

Quote Originally Posted by fundimzee View Post
    Thank you all so much. It's starting to make sense! BTW got a new kindle for my 85th and the best choccy cake ever!
    Now that’s just cruel to speak about chocolate cake!

I signed up for postimages. The first upload of a picture was perfect. I clicked on 'do another' and the subsequent frames were blank! I must have missed a function somewhere.

I don't know what postimages is, when I post images I just click on insert image then select the image, could not be any simpler, there is no need to use any other programs