Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: more discounts for students

Lightbulb more discounts for students

I would like to see more discount for student when you place a order
    if you did that , that would help me out a lot , but it's up to you cookson

I thought you weren't going to buy from Cooksons any more.

I'd like to see more discounts for blonde haired jewellery makers in Market Deeping.
    Seriously though Silvergirl, as a business I'm sure Cooksons are as competitive as possible to students.
    After all they (like most suppliers) value long term relationships with all their customers.

Asking for more can't hurt but Cookies already help your cause e.g. their popular student starter packs
    Nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Quote Originally Posted by lesley View Post
    I thought you weren't going to buy from Cooksons any more.
    and I thought you was going to leave me alone!

I feel obliged to state publicly that I resent your inference but I'll leave it at that for the sake of forum harmony.

Silver Girl, I honestly don't mean this maliciously, so I hope you will just take in what I am about to say with an open mind.

You seem to be very defensive and have a tendency to lash out at the responses that you are given on this forum. On the whole people have replied to you with reasonable and valid comments. Whilst people don't like criticism, it's a necessary evil really, especially if you want to start a business (as you have stated you do). For example, would you prefer to say, launch a website with bad blurry pictures and poor grammar and spelling and have us simply say "ooooh wonderful" when really we are only saying it so we we don't hurt your feelings or discourage you, when really it's not true? Or would you rather hear that these things need work from us, even though you might wish that wasn't the case but that way get the opportunity to improve these things so that you stand half a chance of getting some sales?

In your other thread, I honestly can't properly see your bracelet, and I could guarantee that it would never sell if photos like that were on a website. The advice you were given was good and Nic was only trying to help. The same goes for advice you have had on spelling and grammar in your business thread.

As it happens back on topic of this thread, I think if it were viable a small discount from students, say 5-10% is a not half bad idea.
    Lucinda

Wink

I never understand what all the discounts for students are about, students have plenty of money... I've been there, done that. Its post grads who need the money and get no support. I live in a student area and get bombarded on a daily basis with student discount leaflets... where's the 'post grad trying to start a jewellery business, but in tons of debt discount leaflets'?

I've been there done that too, but some students had more than others. I got by OK, but making use of discounts where I could and working as much as I could. I would have been financially destitute otherwise! Also as someone planning on going back into education, I know I am going to seriously struggle. As a mature student with more bills and responsibilites as your average 18 year old going to Uni, the last thing you will be able to describe me as will be well off!
    Lucinda

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    Silver Girl, I honestly don't mean this maliciously, so I hope you will just take in what I am about to say with an open mind.

You seem to be very defensive and have a tendency to lash out at the responses that you are given on this forum. On the whole people have replied to you with reasonable and valid comments. Whilst people don't like criticism, it's a necessary evil really, especially if you want to start a business (as you have stated you do). For example, would you prefer to say, launch a website with bad blurry pictures and poor grammar and spelling and have us simply say "ooooh wonderful" when really we are only saying it so we we don't hurt your feelings or discourage you, when really it's not true? Or would you rather hear that these things need work from us, even though you might wish that wasn't the case but that way get the opportunity to improve these things so that you stand half a chance of getting some sales?

In your other thread, I honestly can't properly see your bracelet, and I could guarantee that it would never sell if photos like that were on a website. The advice you were given was good and Nic was only trying to help. The same goes for advice you have had on spelling and grammar in your business thread.

As it happens back on topic of this thread, I think if it were viable a small discount from students, say 5-10% is a not half bad idea.

look , I don't understand why you are trying to pick a fight with me , (ok maybe your not , but it just feels that ok) , I'm trying to get over the death of my nan , (she die yesterday ) so please can you give me some space please , and I'm sorry if anyone was upset by somethink I said .
    I hope you understand

Quote Originally Posted by silver Girl View Post
    look , I don't understand why you are trying to pick a fight with me...
    She isn't. Your response is to a very constructive and helpful post - and my personal suggestion would be to apologise for your behaviour. I can make a few other suggestions too, but I'd end up being less than civil about it.