Thread: Foredom Pendant Motor Speed

Default Foredom Pendant Motor Speed

I don't know if this is posted in the right area, but here goes. I had a problem with my new Foredom pendant outfit: I couldn't run it at low speed. All pendant motors default speeds are fixed whether they be 10,000 rpm or 30,000 or whatever on full mains voltage. The foot pedal determines the voltage delivered and hence the speed. The minimum speed of the Foredom was set far too high for my work. I replaced it with an old sewing machine foot pedal and it is now working perfectly from really low to flat chat. Hope this may help someone with the same problem.

If it is a "genuine" Foredom they will repair or replace it under warranty I have never had a problem them, if it is faulty ( rare ) they will fix it, both my Foredom units run from zero to full speed.

Yes, one of the reasons, beginners who have invested in Dremels, don't get on too well.
    From memory, substituting a sewing machine foot control, was mentioned here some years ago, but lost in the mists of time.
    thank you for bringing it to our attention, and welcome to the forum. Kind regards,Dennis.

This was the real thing bought from a reputable supplier. It wasn't faulty per se just lacked the very slow speed I needed. Even when starting out cheap knock-offs are a really bad investment. I have had responses from other Aussies with the same problem.

Thanks, Dennis!

Fair enough as I said both my units will go from nothing to top speed, I would be letting Foredom know if it a problem they may not be aware of.

Good point. I shall do that