Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellow bronze

Sorry china …. is it possible to hijack threads … i’d probably be guilty of that …. just good old chit chat……. same with me… I love my Oxy propane set up in my garage… very versatile… i’ve used acetylene at work …. Like you say … dirty, expensive, hard to get hold of, and more dangerous…. …Nick

Hi Jules, I know what you mean about sold strip… I now use paste a lot …. my favourite past time is making elaborate fine chains and paste is perfect for this….. massively speeding up the process….Nick

I'm a fan of paste with my chains too Nick, but everything else is strip. I hardly use my flux cone now, its auflux instead. A bit lazy, but its quick and I've got some in a mini spray bottle to give things a quick spritz if they need a quick boost of flux.

How are you getting on with the bronze wire Sheena, any luck?
    Jules

I’m not sure what to do with my auto flux, it’s lost its colour and gone rather crystalline at the bottom of it’s container … probably time to buy some fresh stuff…

Hi Nick thanks for this, very helpful. I found this at a shop near me: https://diamondindustrial.co.uk/Sifb...mm-1/16in-10kg
    Looks like yellow bronze. I see what you mean by large and expensive packs. Will need to look around some more.

I don't know if you have Plumbing supply stores over there we do here they just sell plumbing items many of them will sell Silver solder and brazing rods per rod

Plumbing supplies tend to be limited to low-temp solder & related (sweeping generalisation). For brazing it's usually more engineeringy - such as https://www.cromwell.co.uk/shop/weld...soldering/c/01

Hi Sheen, that’s just the sort of stuff I meant, sif is a very popular manufacturer and has a massive product range … 1.6mm x 1kg pack of braising rods is very common so some High Street welding shops may sell the rods individually over the counter if you ask them…. Sif Will have lots of data sheets on their products online if you can cope with trawling through them for more info on temperatures and compatibility. All the best… Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nicks creative stuff View Post
    I’m not sure what to do with my auto flux, it’s lost its colour and gone rather crystalline at the bottom of it’s container … probably time to buy some fresh stuff…
    The water has just evaporated. Happens to me all the time. I just add the water back!

Okay thanks Caro, i’ll try that… saves me having to buy more.