Hi, this is my first post - I am a British artist/jeweller, living and working in France. Up till the end of last year, I used to hallmark my jewellery in Britain before selling it here in France. This worked well because France recognised the British hallmarking system and was easier for me than embarking on the French system.

however, since Brexit France no long recognises the British hallmarking system, and therefore I am unable to hallmark my work in Britain to sell here.

Obviously, it would be ideal if I could get my work hallmarked here under the french system, but I just can't find the means of doing that. I'm not affiliated to any jewellery trade - my work is exhibited in galleries as studio jewellery. I make perhaps 20 pieces per year. I have no formal training here or reciprocal UK certificates and cannot see a way into being accepted into the french hallmarking system.

I would be very grateful if anyone could help with any advice as to how to move forward. I spent yet another hour googling the subject this morning and still not getting anywhere so feeling very frustrated! particularly because at present I am unable to exhibit or sell new work. In Britain there is clear advice on how to hallmark your work but I just can't find the equivalent here.

Thank you in advance. Any help would be gratefully received.