Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assay required for US?

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Sounds like your customer means you need to have everything in writing for your own sake.
    Yes re Hallmark. The contract of sale is made in this country therefore made under UK law.
    Thanks Wendy , Jules confirmed with BAO.
    He just gets over anxious when buying his wife’s Christmas as he’s not a fb user. All done and dusted now. At least he’s early this year!

You could 'big up' the hallmark as something very special (Bit on the history and uniqueness of your personal mark etc etc)?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    You could 'big up' the hallmark as something very special (Bit on the history and uniqueness of your personal mark etc etc)?
    I always have as I’ve had mine since 1979. Tbh it mostly doesn’t seem to matter to most except perhaps American tourists. It just means a lot to me

Me too.. I remember going to Goldsmith's Hall and they looked up WMG in a big parchment type book. And then I got to pick my shape. It's expensive and a pain but..makes a goldsmith unique. You look round the Hall at the names going back 100s of years and (and even back to ancient Egypt) and can think..actually the techniques are exactly the same.
    Drop a modern goldsmith back to making Tutankamen's mask and she could, and the smith from then could walk into a workshop in Hatton Garden today. (though they would probably wet themselves over polishing machines!) End of soppy lyricalness
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I’m Edinburgh and we had such bad experiences as a nearly all girl dept at ECA. We didn’t have the experience of Goldsmiths but a basement hatch and a grumpy old man in a brown coat! It’s like night and day now.
    It’s a bit sad that customers don’t seem to care but at least I know they like my work for the quality of workmanship. Apparently the Edinburgh hallmark is a selling point to the tourists according to the manager of National Galleries Scot but then they are a different breed!