Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What's your claim to fame?

I once saw Reg Varney of On the Buses fame, in Leadenhall Street near to where I worked in London. I used to regularly horseride past Terry Wogan's place in Taplow and now cycle past Robert Plants place every week - yeah, he's a really nice guy too. Oh yes, and I have got quite a lot of photos of Di and Charles and a few other people at a polo event I went to with my wine bar buddies years ago - I think we were the noisiest people there and had a right laugh - plus the wine was free! Oh and I forgot I, along with 1,000's of thers went to their wedding at St. Pauls cathedral and got a lot of piccies.

That's about all I can remember....
    Jules

now cycle past Robert Plants place every week
    This could be interesting Petal. Do you think you could knock on his door and give him a guitar pick for me please?

I would like to see him auction it for charity if possible - I'm sure it would raise more money if he actually donated it. Whadya say, are you up for the challenge?

I'm going out tonight to The Tower Ballroom in Edgbaston (it's 'grab a grannie' night again!) - Old face comedian, Johnny Carroll, is a regular there - anybody want his autograph if I see him?

Update to celebrity spotting in The Tower Ballroom on Saturday.

Absolutely no celebrities or famous people to be seen anywhere not even Johnny - I did speak to a nurse who worked at the Queen Elizabeth hospital - she wasn't famous either and seemed to find it amusing that there used to be loads of palm trees in the room years ago.

The new owners have got rid of the old band, (apparently the singer was drunk all the time) and replaced them with another band that played 'Blues Brothers' type music - they weren't very good though. There was a problem with the lead singers mike, who just carried on singing seemingly oblivious to the fact that nobody could hear him and the bass was so low you could feel your clothes vibrating, everybody just stood around with big grins on their faces.

We had to wade through about 6 inches of fillings on the way out.

Spent the Sunday slumped in front of the telly dribbling, overdosing on clementines and drifting in and out of a coma - I'm too old for this sh*t!
    Last edited by geti-titanium; 05-10-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    This could be interesting Petal. Do you think you could knock on his door and give him a guitar pick for me please?

I would like to see him auction it for charity if possible - I'm sure it would raise more money if he actually donated it. Whadya say, are you up for the challenge?
    knock on his door and give him his pick ? I don't know about that...Isn't he coming to collect it then??
    Jules

knock on his door and give him his pick ? I don't know about that...Isn't he coming to collect it then??
    No, he doesn't know anything about it - crazy isn't it?

Is it a surprise then??? You're a right one for keeping us all waiting to find out what you're up to. So what's the story about the pick then??? tell all!

BTW, I couldn't get near his front door!
    Last edited by Petal; 06-10-2009 at 09:57 AM.
    Jules

I wanna get some jewellery on some of these people LOL
    Had dinner next to Chris de Burgh in a tiny restaurant in Notting Hill, he asked me to pass the salt LOL (the tables were like 2 inches apart!)
    Was on channel 5 news being interviewed (vox pop about Diana memorial), and accidently in the background of the Bill many moons ago......
    Em
    PS was Maggie a pussy cat really then? My Grandma met her....

I used to work at the House of Commons....for my sins!
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

I've served Pam St.clements( pat on eastenders) in a clothes shop i worked in,i've served Ross Kemp (Grant Mitchell) fish and chips and i pinched his parking space and seen him outside the bank with knee high socks on and shorts!!( his parents live near me). Served Meg Matthews( was married to liam gallagher).

My husband has cooked for the Queen and not long ago he cooked for Eric Clapton,Jeremy Clarkson and some bloke from pink floyd.
    and i clean Norman Lamb MP's office.
    Bridget x x

Never be afraid to try something new,remember amateurs built the Ark,
    professionals built the Titanic!!!

http://www.rusticcharmjewellery.co.uk

Introducing Robert Plant - immortalised in Titanium and diamond!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOBP.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	384