Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's your claim to fame?

It just shows how many 'famous' people are about!

I have met John Major and shook hands at a work event.

Seen Carol Vorderman, the Queen, Prince Philip, walked passed Kenneth Williams (Carry on fame), and walked passed Oliver Reed. Spotted Dale Winton having coffee in Marylebone, spotted Vanessa Feltz, walked passed Stephen Tompkinson (Ballykissangel), another actor who was in Bodies but cant remember his name! Seen Cilla Black and Spit the dog in panto.

Spoke and shook hands with Rolf Harris who is great! Had dinner with Kate Humble (Springwatch). That's it for now. Oh yes and spotted Stacey (from Eastenders) in Ann Summers in Watford!!

Anymore.......
    Regards Christine

Oh just remembered, I used to see Chris Eubank a lot when I lived in Brighton. Though that's nothing special if he wasn't popping in to town in his lorry, he was stutting down the middle of the road in jodphurs and a founcy shirt, kind of made himself easy to spot!
    Lucinda

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    I haven't actually given it to him - I've still got it in my pocket in case I bump into him out drinking in his home town. I have friends who have met him though - so I think that might count
    Whoa, hold on there cowboy, does he know you have actually made it for him?

If not then I have made jewellery for over 200 celbrities including the Queen, Kate Bush, ronnie Corbett, Peter Kay, the guy from "Extras" who played the agent and loads more.
    I carry them in my van just in case they happen to be in my local boozer, note , my local boozer, I feel that s I made the item then the least they can do is come to me to collect it.............assuming I tell them of course.

My claim to fame....well there are lots of them and Some I have worked with/for others I have met and others I was in regular correspondence with until they died.

Marcel Marceau
    HM Queen
    Prince Charles
    Prince Andrew
    Princess Anne
    Prince Edward
    Princess Diana
    Duchess of Gloucster
    President Gorberchov (?sp)
    President Mitterand (?sp)
    Margaret Thatcher
    Duncan Williamson
    Only world leader of the 80's that I did not meet/ work with was Ronald Reagan

Unfortunately I cannot say what was dicussed due to the official secrets act. So I am afraid no juicy stories but I do have some anecdotes which I may divulge late at night after one to many glasses.

I bet I'm not the only one who clicked on your profile, Sheltie, just to see what you do/did for a living.

Risk management? Protection Squad? Yup - bet its number two.
    Di x

Back in the late eighties when I was making costume jewellery, Linda Lusardi (I can hear mumblings of who the hell is that, she was a page three girl) bought a pair of my ear-rings in my shop. Later in The Sun she was featured, not on page three but in an article wearing them and saying they were her favourite pair ........ of ear-rings.
    Used to exhibit in London at the same time as Monty Don and met him a few times.
    More recently a friend of Nigella Lawsons was wearing a pair of my ear-rings on one of the Christmas shows.
    Not very exciting really, trouble is if you dont have a shop you dont know who is buying your stuff unless you see them in it.
    Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Atelier Ava View Post
    Used to exhibit in London at the same time as Monty Don and met him a few times.

Wooooooo! My mum would be soooooooooooooooooooooo jealous! She wuvs him!

Don't tell her

I once saw Nick Knowles (DIY SOS) at Milton Keynes theatre, we were both there seeing the same show, but I can't remember what that was.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    I bet I'm not the only one who clicked on your profile, Sheltie, just to see what you do/did for a living.

Risk management? Protection Squad? Yup - bet its number two.
    Your both right and wrong... I was in the RAF but not as armed protection, Just my security clearence was extremely high, which ment when they wanted someone in the same room to look after the VIP's I was usually there.

All I can say is when the TV cameras are not around they are totally different as in the case of one M Thatcher

I bet you have some fascinating tales to tell, Sheltie...
    Di x