Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your claim to fame?

I rubbed shoulders on occasion with Eric Morecambe when I was little as we lived in the same town - Harpenden - and he was often seen out shopping! I got comedian Frank Carson's ("It's the way I tell 'em") autograph when he was a Redcoat at Butlins. I met Hannah Gordon when I was a contestant on Watercolour Challenge in 2000. And I have had 2 cups of coffee bought for me and a long, long chat to Roger Morlidge (Mr Griffin - Headteacher in Corrie, Fat Tw*t in East is East, James Armitage in Shakespeare in Love....and many others) as he lectured at the college I did my HND in and he was helping me get the feel for theatrical costume as I was making an Elizabethan style 'costume for performance' for one of my units.

By association there is Robbie Reid (boxer)...who used to go to the High School all my kids went to and who had his portfolio photos done by a friend of mine. Jimmy Constable of 911 whose mother I worked with when she taught at my kids' Primary School. And Nichola Roberts (Girls Aloud) who dropped out of the college I did Fashion and Textiles ND at because she went off and got 'famous' instead. Oh! ...and the entire cast of Two Pints of Lager... who periodically take over parts of Runcorn to film the series...

Am I stretching this a bit too far now...???

Di, you freaked me out when you mentioned the Tarka Trail until I remembered you live in Barnstaple I have been up and down it a million times, once I even walked back from Bideford to Torrington in heals when I ran out of money for a taxi ride home

I served Jimmy Nail and Jonathan Edwards a while back. I love Jimmy Nail

Ooh, yes, I'm a bit partial to Jimmy Nail too.
    Di x

ooooh cant wait to here who you rubbed shoulders with or should i say botox with tonight Geti xx

Two streets from the Tunnocks teacake factory!

I met Prince Andrew when I was doing a Duke of Edinburgh exhibition - we "pitched" a tent in the middle of Glasgow City Chambers and I had to pretend I had a sprained ankle (don't ask)!

I interviewed my childhood idol Marti Pellow from Wet Wet Wet. He was lovely and talked for over an hour!

I interviewed Ricky Gervais' writing partner Stephen Merchant. He was lovely too!

I had my photo taken with Jason Donovon when he came into my work. It was a group photo - I was standing next to him and he put his hand on my bum!

Two of Girls Aloud came in to my work for an interview and Sarah Harding was still drunk from the night before.

My car was blocked in by Westlife's tour bus. I had been working since five in the morning and just wanted to go home so I threw a fit and made their roadie move it.

While interviewing Carole Smillie (of Changing Rooms fame) she stroked my face!

I interviewed Prime Minister Tony Blair.

I interviewed Scottish First Ministers Jack McConnell and Alex Salmond.

Most recently me and my dog Logan appeared with Kim and Aggie on How Clean is Your House when we met them in a shopping centre and they showed me how to get dog hair off my black coat (I'd like to add - they didn't come to my house. It is very clean - most of the time.)

I met the Manic Street Preachers after a gig and got the autographs.

I interviewed the supermodel Jodie Kidd about road tax (!) and felt very very very small next to her!

That's me for now!

...I think we have a winner

Wow! I have nothing very interesting to add but there's a lot of famous people listed in this thread now!

Best I can think of right now, is when I was about 6 I think my family were on holiday in Jerser, one evening I was asleep and my dad was carrying me through town, and Mrs Slocombe lady from Are You Being Served walked past us, stopped and declared that I was a beautiful child!

Other than that, growing up in Bristol I had the opportunity to meet Darth Vader (aka Green Cross Code man/David Prowse) in the local Carrefour when I was about 4! He was in full Darth costume, but I have this distorted memeory of him servign cheese from behind the Deli Counter!

I've met a few people from bands I love but they're mostly obscure and not well known
    Lucinda

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    ...I think we have a winner
    I probably have an unfair advantage - I used to be a journalist for Real Radio Scotland. I don't even get out the office now, let alone meet anyone famous!

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    Other than that, growing up in Bristol I had the opportunity to meet Darth Vader (aka Green Cross Code man/David Prowse) in the local Carrefour when I was about 4! He was in full Darth costume, but I have this distorted memeory of him servign cheese from behind the Deli Counter!
    I love that image! Makes me smile!

I used to work with someone who appeared as a swamp monster in Dr Who.

Lorraine