Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bezel pusher

Default Bezel pusher

Hi can anyone advise me on the best way to set a bullet cabochon? I made this ring in metal clay from a tutorial I purchased. I soldered on a 6mm bezel cup and put in a 6mm stone - although I've pushed it over it's wobbly - is there a better tool I could use? I used a bezel rocker- photos attached - posted this earlier but in the wring bit I think ! TIA Ethel x

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

As far as I know you can't fully set a bullet cabochon because the curvature is too high. You need to use glue. Ps great ring.

Thanks Sheen

If you have a diamond disk, you can make a groove around it near the base, and push the bezel into that, but frustratingly it will tend to come loose if worn frequently.
    So as Sheena has said, it's best glued, or both, for belt and braces. Dennis.

Thanks - Dennis glue it is then

Hi Dennis can you advise me how to get the stone out without damaging it, please? New to this .....

Carefully drill a hole from the under side of the ring and push the stone out

Thanks China

Normally you would lay some dental floss across the bottom of a bezel floor when trying in a stone. Then you can jerk it out if you leave generous ends.

Failing that precaution, to get out a stuck stone, stick on a generous piece of tenacious adhesive tape as is used for sticking things to walls, such as No More Nails Tape.
    Leave for three or four minutes and then yank sharply. The stone will come out, and the tape will peel away. Dennis.

Thanks Dennis I have bezel pushed when I finished it so hopefully I can get it back out