Thread: Pearls for rings

Default Pearls for rings

What's folks thoughts on using pearls on rings? It's a pretty harsh environment for a pearl what with all that hand washing.

Fair enough if they want one, but your customer has to be warned only to wear it for special occasions, or it will soon be a wreck.
    Take it off for hand washing, and no gardening, or DIY.

When I made this filigree one I hoped it would invite some TLC, and that the disk would go some way to protect the pearl.
    You might even reverse the colours and have the metal blackened to save fretting about tarnish. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pearl Filigree Ring 1.jpg  

I second what Dennis said.

That's beautiful Dennis. Your answer is much appreciated. It's always interesting to hear your thoughts on things. I'm going to think carefully how I use pearls on rings

A pearl on a ring should always be considered as expendable. Although most times they are much more tough than you might think. I wear a pearl ring daily to do almost everything and the pearl will be fine. No bricklaying or dishwashing (the water could loosen the glue setting the pearl ) But generally pearls don't mind water. That's their natural environment.
    I'm happy to give advice on designs and plans.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk