Thread: Blades

Default Blades

Some months ago I bought some saw blades, where from I can’t remember. I bought them as spares so I wouldn’t run out . Well, today I broke the last no4 blade of my original set, so reached for this stash of blades. They are rubbish. They just won’t bite into the silver. As I said I don’t know where I got them. They are in a green plastic 3 compartment wallet. What make do you experts recommend please?
    David.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi David
    I usually use Vallorbe but haven’t needed to buy in a while. I seem to remember a while back there was some dissatisfaction with them but I can’t remember the detail and what other brand might have been suggested. Might be worth searching saw blades or vallorbe

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Some months ago I bought some saw blades, where from I can’t remember. I bought them as spares so I wouldn’t run out . Well, today I broke the last no4 blade of my original set, so reached for this stash of blades. They are rubbish. They just won’t bite into the silver. As I said I don’t know where I got them. They are in a green plastic 3 compartment wallet. What make do you experts recommend please?
    David.

Thanks. Yes I see Vallorbe are well represented. Yes I think I remember some dissatisfaction with one make but I can’t remember derails. Suppose buy a well known name and a fairly up market priced make is a safe path to follow. I will wait a bit and see if anyone else comes forwards with words of wisdom before I buy!
    David.

I did a search on Vallorbe and there are a lot of good general tips too

Going there now!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Hi David
    I usually use Vallorbe but haven’t needed to buy in a while. I seem to remember a while back there was some dissatisfaction with them but I can’t remember the detail and what other brand might have been suggested. Might be worth searching saw blades or vallorbe
    I remember the discussion Caroline and it was this thread, started by George, that I think you were referring to: https://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sh...ght=saw+blades

I use sawblades by Razor from a supplier in the BJQuarter and they have been fine for me.
    Jules