Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got my first hallmark packet back and 3 bracelets missing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Just got my first hallmark packet back and 3 bracelets missing

I was so excited opening the packet. I can't believe what has happened. London Assay office say the items weren't received.

Has this happened to anyone else?

My partner says he thinks the postie opened my packet and helped himself. He says I should never have posted it in the first place. Is he right?

I always address it ACG for AnchorCert Group instead of the assay office. I have not has a problem . If they were not received the assay office usually phone as the weight and descriptions on the hallmark note wont match. what did they invoice you for as you could possibly claim them back on insurance.

I've never had a parcel or any contents missing, but then I always send my items by Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Call me cynical, but its easy to post something on a forum criticising poor service when the person/company providing that service can't put their side of the story. So
    was it sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery or Courier? If you didn't send it by a signed for service, why on earth not.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by stuffas88@gmail.com View Post
    MHe says I should never have posted it in the first place.
    The vast majority of us use Special Delivery rather than hand carry.
    I'd be surprised if someone helped themselves to just some of the items and not all, which is what I'd infer; I'd suggest talking more to LAO about it, along with (I assume) Royal Mail.

I think it is very unfair the way people are leaping in and assuming it is my fault. I followed the submission rules precisely. I did send it Special Delivery. I had no choice about where to sent the packet, I printed off the delivery note as instructed and stuck it on my envelope. I am not complaining about the assay office, Adam Phillips is being very helpful. I just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem. Or am I just extremely unlucky. I think I must be as my laptop dies yesterday as well. They say bad luck comes in threes. I dread to think what will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffas88@gmail.com View Post
    I think it is very unfair the way people are leaping in and assuming it is my fault.
    Who??? You've got 3 comments by members here, only one has any suggestion that you might have done something untoward if you hadn't used a recorded service and that's clearly prefixed.

Things do sometimes go missing with the Assay Offices, but it is a rare occurrence. Things do go missing with the post and that's a more frequent occurance, but still not the norm.

That's the problem with the written word. Everybody interprets it differently. I am very upset over my missing jewellery and probably over sensitive. I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    The vast majority of us use Special Delivery rather than hand carry.
    I'd be surprised if someone helped themselves to just some of the items and not all, which is what I'd infer; I'd suggest talking more to LAO about it, along with (I assume) Royal Mail.
    I'd agree with your comments Peter. If someone wants to steal some silver, they'll take the lot and not just a few items.

Have the LAO provided you with written proof that they didn't receive all the items you sent, if so, was the package opened and re-sealed? How did you send it, in a box, or a jiffy type envelope? These are all things to think of in future, as its wise to send something of value in a sturdy non - openable envelope or box. Did you photograph them before sending? I did, with my first package, as better safe than sorry.

I think Joseph's suggestion of using Anchort Cert Group, instead of Assay Office, is good, as its not so obvious to those unscrupulous people out there.
    Jules

The situation is being investigated by Adam Phillips customer service manager. I have photos and have sent them to him. I didn't know about sending to ACG but that does seem a good idea. My partner warned me about sending valuables in the post but I thought he was being over cautious. But he was right as usual. The whole thing is a mystery. A discrepancy note was sent with my jewellery but no one phoned me about it. Which, on reflection, is probably a good thing. Nothing could be done at that point and I would have worried over what items were missing. As it was I was lucky and they were my least favourite items. I registered with London as I thought the London hallmark was best. I think I will register with Birmingham, which is nearer, and hand deliver in future.