Quote Originally Posted by Oddball Matt View Post
I was hoping to use a scrap piece leftover from the previously mentioned bow project, it's a three part piece with rosegum and jatoba with a black veneer in between. Truth be told I don't rightly care if the outcome will last forever I just want to see if I can combine different materials (but of course taking advice and criticism as most of the time you don't learn by talking but when you shut up and listen)

I also have a few planks of Jarrah tree which is super duper dense and heavy like heck, and has a beautiful red color but haven't used it much for anything as it weighs a TON. On sth as small as jewellery I don't think the weight will be much of an issue.
I don’t know about the other 2 woods but the veneer wouldn’t stand a chance . I’ve used quite a lot of wood in the past, if you click on the link to my fb page there is a lignum pendant near the top in one of its many variations of colour. Wood is a really lovely addition to any item of jewellery except a ring I think unless you’re going to keep it dry and not abuse it in any way! It’s always good to mix things up with materials but I need it to be practical so it depends whether you just want to make jewellery for the sake of it or whether you want someone to really enjoy wearing your creations which is what I know drives me on. No point if it’s only me who likes it