Thread: Victorian poor mans wire wrapping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Victorian poor mans wire wrapping

I was having a rake through my jewellery drawer today and wondering if I’d be better using the old gold jewellery for scrap and removing the odd diamond as I don’t have any one to leave it to.
    I found this lovely wee wire wrap bracelet I used to wear a lot back in the day as it’s quite small. It’s brass, copper and iron for colour and really simply but beautifully made given that it’s probably lasted more than 100 years. It got a clean with washing up liquid and a toothbrush and then a silver cloth

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C153B6D8-FFD4-41FC-85BD-AEE5CDD6E78E.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	13178

That’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a real treasure Caroline. I hope you can find a young person among your family or friends to give it to, or it might never have the love it deserves. Dennis.

None of us had children Dennis so we are the end of the line. I have a lot of cousins in Poland somewhere but they’ve never kept in touch and the only one who does sort of is so self obsessed on social media I’m not sure she’d be interested . I’ll just have to wear it more

I think that's very stylish Caroline - definitely wear it more.

I also suspect that's the sort of design that would do really well as a tutorial for the many keen wirewrappers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I think that's very stylish Caroline - definitely wear it more.

I also suspect that's the sort of design that would do really well as a tutorial for the many keen wirewrappers out there.
    I’ve been trying to work out how it’s made George and thought it would be rather nice made in silver. I have to work out how the panels are made and the fastenings are just 2 u shaped wires slotted under those and folded over at the ends