I may be talking just for myself here...but I suspect not! An awful lot of you are computer boffins...or are young enough to have been born with a mouse in your hand....but I wouldn't mind guessing that there are an awful lot of older peeps on the forum for whom the computer is the enemy.

I certainly have problems learning how to do the stuf that most people seem to do without thinking about it...and if I don't use the newly acquired skill often I lose it.

Could we start a thread on which really simple 'how tos' are listed for everyone to refer to.....It may just end up being me that uses it - but hey!, I don't mind hogging a thread all to myself!

Only the other day Nic told me how to right click on an image to get the url for uploading (I don't know if that is actually what it does - but I'm sure you know what I mean!) But then I posted an image a few days ago using this technique that I knew was far too big but I didn't know how to make it smaller!!

My sons taught me how to reduce image size for stuff I have saved on my computer - so I can do that - but is there a way to reduce images easily from an external source??

Could we make this a thread where people can ask their computer based forum problems and get simple step by step instructions from those of you who are 'in the know'? Then it would be available all the time ...for me...and anyone else who is not sure what they are doing. And if the posts within the thread have a relevant title added it would be easier to find the answers in a long thread.

There are lots of little symbols and headings all over the forum that I haven't a clue what they are for... And I know a lot of questions have been answered mid thread in the past and are now lost for ever in the system...so what about gathering them all in one place??

Since it is so slow this morning...get your thinking caps on and start typing!! You could start by helping me to reduce externally sourced image sizes!!