Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginners delft clay casting part 2

I once made one the size of a coffee table …. The steel balls were the size of apples …. Unfortunately it just didn’t work…. Instead of ricocheting the balls seem to just absorb the energy…. Nick

Hi Nick
    Tried again last night and everything ok now thanks. I have a polished wooden pendulum which I’m told is for finding water etc
    Regards Kellz

Hi Kellz,
    Marvellous stuff this modern technology, how it mostly just works. A friend of mine who is a bit mystical just uses her bunch of keys when she needs a answer to a dilemma…. Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nicks creative stuff View Post
    Hi Caro,
    I don’t always cut air channels, if I have a large diameter fill hole, vents are not needed and doing so can sometimes irreversibly damage your perfectly formed cavity and leave lots to clean up after casting.
    Don’t mean to waffle on… but it’s a bit like …. If you want to fill an empty washing up liquid bottle with water, You can’t easily do it through the tiny spout, you get airlocks. Whereas if you pull the whole cap off, the water will enter down the side of the hole and the air will release at the same time.

Sometimes before pouring I sit my flask on slight tilt to allow the molten metal to enter the hole down its side….. Hope this makes sense…

Well I’ve heard it all now … dowsing peaches…. Maybe fruit in Waitrose has a higher vibration…. Or maybe she was testing whether they were worth the money… without taking a bite.
    Or maybe testing whether she was allergic to them…… Pendulums are sometimes used for Divination…. A bit like divining rods for water…. I occasionally use one to help with a situation or dilemma that I’m stuck on that is unclear or undecided. ….. The reason to mention it on the video …. was simply to encourage comments on my channel which can really help with YouTube….. thanks… all the best …Nick
    Thanks - I thought that was probably the case. Do you want me to ask again on the you tube channel so you can answer there to get some comments?

Pendulum lady was somewhat incongruous! I live fairly close to Glastonbury so I'd expect it there but they don't have a Waitrose.

A couple of years ago I ended up giving an impromptu pendulum dowsing lesson to a group of Duke of Edinburgh youngsters at a stone circle in Yorkshire

I didn't comment on YouTube, because it seems that it would disclose your full name. i get enough spam as it is. Dennis.

Hi Caro,
    Yes if you could comment below the video on YouTube it would be a great help, The more comments and communication on a video the better, it helps with YouTube algorithms…it’s hard to think of a way to encourage it…. In part one video I asked if anyone knew what the name of the blade thing was …. Not well thought out on my behalf …. A one comment reply answered the question and that was that. … so hopefully a bit of cosmic pendulum banter might help……

You must know your stuff… living near Glastonbury… dousing lessons in stone circles…. Sounds all very fabulously alternative.
    Thanks for your help… Nick

Hi Dennis,
    me being a bit inexperienced on all things digital, not knowing where information goes or where spam comes from can be a bit worrying. But I generally trust it will be alright.
    I’ve occasionally told people that I do my banking on my phone and to their shock and horror they’ve said that they don’t understand why I would take such risks.
    I’ve been getting a lot of text messages saying that my parcel is ready for delivery if I pay some extra money…. Working out the good from the bad is always a challenge.
    Leave me a YouTube comment if you can…. Thanks… all the best…Nick
    All the best…

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I didn't comment on YouTube, because it seems that it would disclose your full name. i get enough spam as it is. Dennis.
    You can use any name you like I have a number of accounts and switch between them.

Seem to forget who I am sometimes….. terrible when you need different passwords for everything… x N

Thanks for your YouTube comment Caroline … hope that gets things kick started ….. cheers….. nick