Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stone setting burs won't cut!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    There can only be one obvious reason: your machine is in reverse. Dennis.
    I just did that today. Mmm why are my drill bits not working. I can't understand it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    If that is the case, and your machine cannot be run slowly enough, when you buy new setting burrs, also get a universal handle, https://www.cooksongold.com/Jeweller...prcode-999-AZM
    Tightened in one of those, you can easily refine the seats by hand and preserve your burrs for longer.

The preferred lubricant at hand speed, is a tiny drop of oil. Dennis.
    I've used setting burrs in a hand vice and it works well, if anything you can be more careful doing it this way.

Default Stone setting burs won't cut!

I have just dug out from my “thought would be a good bargain but didn’t cut the mustard” draw a small hand held Utool I bought on Amazon for some project. The yellow one. It has 3 speeds. On low speed the power couldn’t knock the skin off a rice pudding. Having said that I have used it for some delicate work setting 2mm stones. It is very light and easy to manipulate and I found it great. Any pressure and the tool stalls so I had no heating up problems at all. I have rather arthritic hands so this takes a lot of the “grind” out of repetitive work. Anyway, so far so good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruedeleglise; 12-08-2021 at 07:10 PM.