Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my new peace of jewellery :D

Well, clearly from the example, they can look great! But if the whole of your website is flash, it can't be indexed by search engines, and is therefore not so good for SEO. So it can be a bit of a trade off.

This website uses flash but not as the whole page so the content can be searched and indexed (you can tell the difference because you can celect the text in the website, you can;t with the previous example).

There are tips and tricks around the net for optimising Flash sites for SEO but the overwhelming consensus in the Web Development community is that is less effective and generally a bad idea.

That said, Jasmine Watson's site is not a store, so maybe she uses it as an online portfolio that she directs customers to, and has no need to get high traffic to her site, in which case, there's not really a problem.
    Lucinda

Ah-haaaaa.......
    Thanks for that Lucinda, that makes sense & I hadn't realised it before - I have so much to learn
    I guess that all those jewellers with swanky sites have already done their marketing in the real world and don't need to be searched for.
    J x

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Ah-haaaaa.......
    Thanks for that Lucinda, that makes sense & I hadn't realised it before - I have so much to learn
    I guess that all those jewellers with swanky sites have already done their marketing in the real world and don't need to be searched for.
    J x
    Maybe, but plenty will use Flash cos they like it or it looks pretty without knowing the consequences. Obviously that doesn't just apply to jewellers!
    Lucinda

Nice colours silver girl, don't give up.
    I love LOTR too , wonderful.
    Gayle I'll take your photos if you sell mine (that is what I hate doing!)
    Em

Cheers Em i just wish you were nearer to me and maybe we could work that one out