Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Hallmarking

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    877

    Default Hallmarking

    Filling in the Edinburgh assay office form this morning. What does 'sponsers registration name' mean exactly?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Guessed it was just my name

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central London
    Posts
    8,379

    Default

    You will be famous now Sheena, you'll be a sponsor.
    That means you can send in other peoples work too, at your peril of course.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You will be famous now Sheena, you'll be a sponsor.
    That means you can send in other peoples work too, at your peril of course.
    Famous???? I'm not worthy I wonder what's going to happen next? It's very exciting.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    63

    Default

    I'm just registering too - but with Birmingham. I was amazed to get my first choice of letters and shield shape - that has got to be an auspicious sign

    Definitely exciting!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    877

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    I'm just registering too - but with Birmingham. I was amazed to get my first choice of letters and shield shape - that has got to be an auspicious sign

    Definitely exciting!
    I didn't realise about the shape so I just plumped for the first shape that drew my eye. Hopefully it'll be okay. I would have liked to have gone for three letters but as they recommended two that's what I went with. Be interesting to see your one once you're set up. I feel like I'm really moving forward in getting myself set up properly .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Yes, it is a good feeling to know you will indeed be 'making your mark'
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    I didn't realise about the shape so I just plumped for the first shape that drew my eye. Hopefully it'll be okay. I would have liked to have gone for three letters but as they recommended two that's what I went with. Be interesting to see your one once you're set up. I feel like I'm really moving forward in getting myself set up properly .
    Just got a message that my punch has been despatched and will be here tomorrow morning! I went for my 3 first name initials. I'd love to see yours too once it arrives

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    877

    Default

    No message for me so far. I'd love to know how you get on with 3 initials as I think that would be really cool. I'm just a little tempted to change mine

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    No message for me so far. I'd love to know how you get on with 3 initials as I think that would be really cool. I'm just a little tempted to change mine
    Hi Sheena,
    Lovely to hear you are getting your hallmark set up. Its an amazing feeling. When I first started over 10 years ago I hallmarked everything, whether it was over the weight or not. Now I just hallmark things over the weight, or items that I've spent a lot of time on.

    If you prefer to have 3 letters - go for it!! Its your hallmark !!

    xxxx
    Jules

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •