Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallmarking

Default Hallmarking

Filling in the Edinburgh assay office form this morning. What does 'sponsers registration name' mean exactly?

Guessed it was just my name

You will be famous now Sheena, you'll be a sponsor.
    That means you can send in other peoples work too, at your peril of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You will be famous now Sheena, you'll be a sponsor.
    That means you can send in other peoples work too, at your peril of course.
    Famous???? I'm not worthy I wonder what's going to happen next? It's very exciting.

I'm just registering too - but with Birmingham. I was amazed to get my first choice of letters and shield shape - that has got to be an auspicious sign

Definitely exciting!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    I'm just registering too - but with Birmingham. I was amazed to get my first choice of letters and shield shape - that has got to be an auspicious sign

Definitely exciting!
    I didn't realise about the shape so I just plumped for the first shape that drew my eye. Hopefully it'll be okay. I would have liked to have gone for three letters but as they recommended two that's what I went with. Be interesting to see your one once you're set up. I feel like I'm really moving forward in getting myself set up properly .

Yes, it is a good feeling to know you will indeed be 'making your mark'
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    I didn't realise about the shape so I just plumped for the first shape that drew my eye. Hopefully it'll be okay. I would have liked to have gone for three letters but as they recommended two that's what I went with. Be interesting to see your one once you're set up. I feel like I'm really moving forward in getting myself set up properly .
    Just got a message that my punch has been despatched and will be here tomorrow morning! I went for my 3 first name initials. I'd love to see yours too once it arrives

No message for me so far. I'd love to know how you get on with 3 initials as I think that would be really cool. I'm just a little tempted to change mine

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    No message for me so far. I'd love to know how you get on with 3 initials as I think that would be really cool. I'm just a little tempted to change mine
    Hi Sheena,
    Lovely to hear you are getting your hallmark set up. Its an amazing feeling. When I first started over 10 years ago I hallmarked everything, whether it was over the weight or not. Now I just hallmark things over the weight, or items that I've spent a lot of time on.

If you prefer to have 3 letters - go for it!! Its your hallmark !!

xxxx
    Jules