Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Internet sales

NuMonday gets very bad press from folks in the Facebook groups I'm in, seems to be the case that there's a lot of advertising around gaining sellers - who pay the fees - and little to no presence when it comes to buyers.

I agree Caroline, It takes so much time for the return you get. The only time it worked for me was when I spent money to promote my products on facebook and Instagram which are linked, but it wasnt really worth spending the money for what I got back, I have tried allsorts give aways, compertitions even been nice to people but its set up to take your money off you. I suppose thats why the social media companys are some of the richest. I also read that 97% of websites dont get any regular footfall so unless your paying google etc your not going to see many veiws. I wish I knew the answer, Ive spent so much time and money and its not really worth it yet. I would love to hear from anyone who is making social media work for them that could give me some pointers.

thanks for that Misspond,
    yes with that massive amount of stock being sold through etsy, some creators stuff shines through and must be a great opportunity for them.

Nice to hear Facebook works well for you, i’m well behind with it all and have shied away from the modern digital world.
    Facebook is probably next on the list for having ago at after starting something on etsy. suppose they all go hand-in-hand.

I love doing events in person, they’re great for a confidence boost. I had done half a dozen or so but then at one event I forgot you can’t trust all strangers and lost some heavy silver rings. i just have to be careful about what i do and were.

nice one ... nick

The days of any old website being the key to pots of dosh are very long gone. Now it takes a lot of hard work. I closed my etsy and amazon sales portals and my ebay one is down to one regular selling item. Otherwise selling through them was not worth the bother. I also stopped County Agricultural fairs and similar and farmers markets when I noticed a clear decline in sales. And as for craft fairs. |Mostly people just want your ideas. If you are going to do this you might consider via Instagram. In any case you will have to work daily (facebook, twitter, insta, relevant forums, write a book (ahem!) to get your name out there
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Hi caroline,
    I suppose terms and costs are constantly evolving, i’ve not yet dared look to see how much selling on etsy costs.

your Facebook link looks like you’ve put a lot of time and effort in over the years, you have a great looking presents.

luckily for me this being a hobby, I can find the time to put into research and learning for what’s needed.
    on I’m sure I’ll find some beginners guide to Facebook on YouTube.

thanks for your feedback ... Nick

Thanks Nick. At the moment I’m just trying to keep interest up by sharing past work until I have something new to share. Taking a decent photo is key. It’s really quite easy to add a page if you have a personal page. You can then build up your photos until you’re ready to share with the wider public. Videos get a lot of likes and really build up an audience. Fb algorithms are the devils work so you need to keep people interested and interacting or your posts don’t get shared with all your followers

thanks for your pearls of wisdom,
    sad to hear you’ve closed most of your outlets because they’re not worth the bother. although there is a lot to be said for focusing your energy in one direction. haven’t a clue about Instagram so another one on the list of challenges.

people must have to find a healthy balance between creative workshop time and promotional screen time.
    I know where I would rather be, but you can’t have one without the other.

producing a book must’ve been a huge work commitment, goes well along side your professional and confident looking website.

people seem to be very focused on a niche market and have worked hard on there USP.

something I need to pick up on and be less of the ... jack of all trades master of none.

I know the world is my oyster and just need to learn how to find the pearls.

all the best ... Nick
    Last edited by nicks creative stuff; 28-05-2021 at 09:03 PM.

thanks for that Caroline,
    it sounds like you could write books on the subject with your experience.

i’ll have to start with search terms like ... facebook marketing for beginners and Facebook algorithms for dummies.

your Facebook page looks very focused and not the normal friends and family titter tatter.
    Setting up a YouTube channel has given me the confidence to look at taking things further with other platforms.

keep up the good work ... all the best .. Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nicks creative stuff View Post
    thanks for that Caroline,
    it sounds like you could write books on the subject with your experience.

i’ll have to start with search terms like ... facebook marketing for beginners and Facebook algorithms for dummies.

your Facebook page looks very focused and not the normal friends and family titter tatter.
    Setting up a YouTube channel has given me the confidence to look at taking things further with other platforms.

keep up the good work ... all the best .. Nick
    That’s just my jewellery page for public view, I have tight controls on my personal page.
    Somewhere our Open Studio social media expert shared a post on how to best manage accounts to get the best from them , I’ll have a look and see if I can find it. I do remember that sharing videos worked really well and got a lot of hits but there was no way I was putting my old visage in a film so I didn’t really look into it as what I do meets my needs. If I can find it I’ll pass it on.

Yes, videos are popular.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk