Thread: New to Forum, New to Jewellery..

Default New to Forum, New to Jewellery..

Hi All, Hoping to gauge thoughts and opinions on the pieces I've created recently.

As a first post here I should explain I have no real training, just a desire to create things I'd be interested in wearing or seem challenging to myself to make.
    (And when you have very little idea what you're doing, everything is a challenge)

I've picked up quite a few useful bits of information here, so appreciate any input you may have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4533.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	13069
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4410.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	13070Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_44342.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	13071

Hi Rotsco, and welcome to the forum.

These are rings made in your style. If they are for yourself, you'll be happy with them. If you are selling, the vote will be with others. Dennis

Thank you, appreciate the comment

A few more recent pieces completed (with advice taken from forum members)
    Please let me know what you see that needs attention, I'm striving to get a little better each time.

Thanks for your time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4553.jpg   IMG_4661.jpg   IMG_4684.jpg   IMG_4764.jpg   IMG_4627X.jpg  

Dear Rotsco,
    Looking at this thread, I can see no advice from forum members. What advice did you get?
    Dennis.

Did you make these yourself Rotsco? They seem very advanced for someone who is new to jewellery

Hello and thanks,
    Dennis - I took advice from another post I made about shank embellishments and the correct process/procedure, which helped in making 2 of these. I even took your advice on a protective covering for the ring forming pliers.
    CJ57 - 1000% made by myself in my tiny little carport "Studio". I've been doing this for less than 6 months, so is still consider myself new to Jewellery. I've been a Graphic Designer & Illustrator for over 20 years though, so maybe that's helping?

Hi Rotsco,
    Although the pictures are low definition, the rings appear to be well made and wearable.

There is a variety of designs, but it is hard to comment further, because as we are all makers, our design preferences will be influenced by our past tutors and our personal history.

From the markings on your pieces, I conclude that you are not based in the UK, which makes it even more difficult to find common ground.

I think my first post above still sums it up fairly.
    Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotsco View Post
    Hello and thanks,
    Dennis - I took advice from another post I made about shank embellishments and the correct process/procedure, which helped in making 2 of these. I even took your advice on a protective covering for the ring forming pliers.
    CJ57 - 1000% made by myself in my tiny little carport "Studio". I've been doing this for less than 6 months, so is still consider myself new to Jewellery. I've been a Graphic Designer & Illustrator for over 20 years though, so maybe that's helping?
    That will definitely aid the design process. I like the more industrial designs and it would be good to see in high definition. I think that is why people have been reticent because they look as if they’ve been taken from a catalogue. You’d be surprised what we get on here! Caroline

Oh I can appreciate that Caroline, I'm sure you've all seen some strange things here,.
    As part of my work history I've been taking product photos for a long time. Glad they look presentable.

I'm based in Brisbane, Australia,.