Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flush Setting - Drilling Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-B View Post
    Try a much slower drill speed speed!
    I have tried from lowest and upwards with not much difference :-/

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    From what you describe it does sound as if the drill is in reverse. Have you tried drilling a piece of scrap wood, if it still doesn’t work on something soft then it’s a problem with the drill and not the brass?
    I just tried that, it drills into wood like butter, no problem, I think I may just have a piece of very hard brass, but doesn't explain why I could do it last week (it still wasnt terribly easy but I could do it) but not this week O_o

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    You could try drilling with a ball burr, make sure you run the drill as slow as you can and dont use to much pressure start with a small one then drill out to what size you need.
    That actually does help, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    You could try drilling with a ball burr, make sure you run the drill as slow as you can and dont use to much pressure start with a small one then drill out to what size you need.
    I bought some new ball burs in different sizes and they go through beautifully! Thank you! I had tested with some older ones that clearly weren't too sharp but the new ones go through well, thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne1827 View Post
    I bought some new ball burs in different sizes and they go through beautifully! Thank you! I had tested with some older ones that clearly weren't too sharp but the new ones go through well, thank you so much.
    Well they work, but won't drill as accurately as drill bits. In your place I would not rest until the problem was resolved.
    It really looks as if even new drill bits are unable to penetrate your bass.
    To me that indicates that they are being run too fast and quickly blunt. You have already learned to run your Dremel much slower. It helps to use some wax or oil as a lubricant, and use HSS drills, which do not get blunt when overheated. Dennis.