Thread: The Whole Caboodle.

Default The Whole Caboodle.

I was asked to make an acrylic set in brown and beige, to wear with a new top, so here is the whole caboodle, preferably not all worn at the same time.
    The colours are from the Perspex Naturals range. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3db1 3D Necklace In Brown.jpg   3db2 Earrings.jpg   3db3 The Ring.jpg   3db4 A Hair Barrette.jpg   3db5 Hair band.jpg  

You have been busy Dennis. I particularly like the necklace and the ring. You’ve more than met your brief!

Fantastic as ever Dennis. I love the addition of the hair pieces - we've seen your barrettes before, but the hairband is inspired!

What a lucky recipient

That is really nice looking set, the ring reminds me of a licorice allsort "sorry"

Thank you Caroline, George and Bob, for liking my liquorice jewellery. I was always a fan of Allsorts, but when years ago, I made some very realistic Allsort drop earrings for sub teen grand daughters, using coloured sponge sheet they were roundly rejected as not grown up enough. Dennis.

Love the ring Dennis ... very retro look... although the setting gives it a modern twist. must be a nice material to experiment with.

nick

Thank you Nick. The holes are cut out undersized before laminating the sheets and later reamed to the exact size with a large burr, so there is plenty of dust and mess. Not my favourite occupation. Dennis.

I wish there was a clean way of working with it as I have boxes and sheets of Perspex from the start of my time in the 70s/80s. Apart from getting pieces cut by laser, there’s still all the mucky grinding to do and it’s such hard work without a technician and a lathe!

just been looking at acrylic jewellery videos .... has some interesting properties and techniques to work with it.
    your design collections seem very advanced, must be nice to have such a large colour spectrum to play with.
    nick