Thread: soldering

Default soldering

hi is there any way to remove or correct a solder line as ive soldered 2 pieces of square wire together to create a split shank and after polish and its left for a while it seems to appeared where they have been soldered together ,thanks.

"it seems to appeared where they have been soldered together" Do you mean you can see the solder or does a dark stain appear?

yeah there soldered together and after polish its nice n shiny then it seems to go kina dull wont hold its shine and like a dark stain appears were there soldered together,thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by billyc View Post
    yeah there soldered together and after polish its nice n shiny then it seems to go kina dull wont hold its shine and like a dark stain appears were there soldered together,thanks.
    A pic would maybe be helpful as if it’s a stain rather than a solder line it sounds more like firestain

Whatever the cause, if it won't polish out, the line can be made into a design feature by turning it into a groove, using first a fine and then a coarser saw blade. Dennis.

yeah my phones broke atm ill try use someone els n upload one its seems like a solder line its running along exacly where there joined together i did pickle it and polish properly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	13072 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	13073 thats what i mean if i rub it just with my finger it goes away back shiny put will just reappear a short while after

I stick with what I posted before. If you can't beat it, accept it.

It would look fine as a groove, which is not difficult to make on a curved surface, with a fine saw bade . First cut towards you to make the grove. Then away from you to polish it. It would be a neat design feature. Dennis.