Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New toy

Bob .. oh I’m sure you could get on top of that.... A bit of focused hard-core production work and you’ll soon have them flying out..... or rolling out they look heavy.
    Nick

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...rf9BHtKU4lFUhQ

Yes nick I probably could, too many other things on the "round too it list" you are correct it weighs 78 kilos, the little bench is on wheels so I can move it around easily

A few more pics, the magic box contains a VFD, the motor is 3ph doing it this way gives better/simpler speed control while retaining torque at low speed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mill 001.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	13032 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mill 003.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	13033 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mill 004.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	13034

Hi Bob,
    you must have a nice workshop to be able to build a mill, Great to utilise three-phase,
    tool station have brought out a range of suitcase style plug and go three phase converters, expensive and quality might be questionable with them.

i’ve had great use out of my blue budget rolling mill with its seven interchangeable textured rollers.
    it’s been a great introduction to the versatility of rolling mills.

A nice new, large shiny one has been stuck on my Wish List for a long time.
    unfortunately ordering a 78kg mill from Australia would only add to the budget issues.

keep up the good work look ... look forward to seeing what it’s capable of.

all the best ... Nick

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...rf9BHtKU4lFUhQ

To be honest Most of my shed consists of wood working gear I have a metal lathe, a surface grinder, welding gear and really questionable milling machine. Luckily I have a mate who's shed is equipped better than most engineering shops and I am able make use of it. I have three phase in my shed but the VFD was a better way to go, and I don't have 3ph in the jewellery studio.
    It is quite a long story how this project came about I may post a shortened version in the lounge.

i’m a production Metalworker - welder for an Internet business selling fire pit products.
    www.firewok.co.uk

with access to a well equipped fabrication workshop I love getting onto the Metal lathe when i can.

managing to turn you own rollers must be the biggest challenge I can imagine.

my other favourite tool is our large 8T fly press, which is set up to do a lot of our work.

A mini mi’ll is on my Wish List for my home workshop, were I would love to work from earning a living one day.

not seen the lounge thing before, be nice to see more of your posts ... also just noticed website help and business ideas ..... interesting...

keep up the good work..... nick
    Last edited by nicks creative stuff; 09-05-2021 at 07:14 PM.