Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: short video

wow Avril,
    just seen your meet our designers video.
    inspiring to see how the pros do it.
    very unique and contemporary just the thing needed to run a modern successful business.
    all the best ... Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nicks creative stuff View Post
    wow Avril,
    just seen your meet our designers video.
    inspiring to see how the pros do it.
    very unique and contemporary just the thing needed to run a modern successful business.
    all the best ... Nick
    Thanks Nick
    I was really lucky that our local council funded some businesses to have a video professionally made. I'm really pleased with it. I'm still playing around making videos myself for Instagram etc. Amazing what you can do with a phone these days.
    All the best
    Avril

hi Sami,
    thanks for your comments, your YouTube channel looks great, A lot of information for people, that’s a lot of videos in three months.
    your digital presence looks interesting and thorough, I probably need to take a leaf out of your book.
    you must put a lot of time and effort in.

there’s a lot of stuff that I would like to do but only find the time for the odd short video.

all the best ...Nick
    Thanks, Nick! I really appreciate the feedback.

It's taken me a while to find my video style - the early videos were far too long for my taste, and I had no real idea what I was doing. But I think I've found my groove now, and managing to produce the sorts of videos that I was aspiring, too.

I've been putting more time in recently because I've set myself a weekly challenge project, and some of these projects are way beyond my current skill level. But learning a lot! I'll need to scale back as I'm feeling guilty about the time I'm spending on it!

I know what you mean about only finding time for the odd short video. There's a real effort needed to set-up the camera and the lights, when all you want to do is get on and make something. In my last video, I think I broke the majority of the saw blades from trying to put the work down to change the camera angle! Oops! (and once to open the door for the postman!)

I'm looking forward to your next video! The 1 minute shorts look like they work really well for you! And our entertaining even for non-jewellers

Sami

I now regret not keeping up with the modern digital world, i’ve had to really push myself to learn how to make a youtube video using an iPhone and iPad.

With an ambition of work from home one day making stuff to sell, having a presence on social media seems to be the biggest hill to learn to climb.

everyone has to start somewhere and selling bits and pieces of silver jewellery to friends and family i’ve found very satisfying and rewarding, encouraging me to explore more.

Nice to see your quirky business, encouraging to see somebody doing it so well.

Nick

hi Sami,
    yes finding a style can be a long-term Challenge, i’m never sure what to do next or how to style it.

I was advised once to do what you like doing and forget the rest.

I can’t bear to watch my first ever video, I can’t stand hearing my voice on it but was told doing a VoiceOver was the way to go .... never again

feeling guilty and neglecting your loved ones is easy to do when your a creative sort, i’m sometimes accused of that.

making “shorts” videos for me is encouraging because I seem to be getting a lot of views on them.
    anyway ... keep up the good work.... Nick

I now regret not keeping up with the modern digital world, i’ve had to really push myself to learn how to make a youtube video using an iPhone and iPad.

With an ambition of work from home one day making stuff to sell, having a presence on social media seems to be the biggest hill to learn to climb.

everyone has to start somewhere and selling bits and pieces of silver jewellery to friends and family i’ve found very satisfying and rewarding, encouraging me to explore more.

Nice to see your quirky business, encouraging to see somebody doing it so well.

Nick
    Thanks and all the best for your business. If I can help with any digital advice just let me know.