Thread: Going 3D.

Default Going 3D.

I decided to make my necklaces more 3D, by using the 3.0mm acrylic on edge.
    The pieces are strung on a nylon covered steel cable and separated with crimp covers.
    These are not ideal, because they are easily damaged by the crimping pliers, and do not close enough to stay in place without tedious modification. Also I think silver balls are a bit naff.
    Any ideas would be welcome.
    Plastic Covered Steel Cable 1.2mm. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3dn1 3D Necklace.jpg  

Love it Dennis, such a strong design and the colours are electric. I used to find crimp cover were better to close with standard pliers but other than that I have no suggestions. Maybe try differant brands of crimps as they all look a little different.

That's fab Dennis - and lovely to see one of your lovely extendable clasps in action again. I'm also not a huge fan of round silver beads, but using the 'magic' crimping pliers with regular 2mm crimps makes them very small and they stay in place extremely well.

The colours are almost comic book bright - perfect for superheros or some sunshine (which we finally seem to have)!

Thank you for looking Sheena and George and for you suggestions. I have already completed one more acrylic set to show next month, and then my acrylic odyssey might be completed. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Thank you for looking Sheena and George and for you suggestions. I have already completed one more acrylic set to show next month, and then my acrylic odyssey might be completed. Dennis.
    I do hope not Dennis - I've loved these

This is lovely Dennis. Using it end on gives so many options and colour ways. Back when I used it a lot it was mainly end on .
    I can understand why you might feel the need to stop as there isn’t an easy way of dealing with it without machinery and I found it labour intensive which is why I have a large box of the stuff.
    Looking forward to the next and maybe not the last piece. Perhaps you just need a change. Caroline

Thank you Caroline. You're right, I certainly need a change and so do all of us I guess. Kind regards Dennis.