Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Switzerland

Default Hello from Switzerland

Hello everyone,

I'm Geoffrey.
    I've barely dabbled with jewellery yet really but visited a crash course a few years ago.
    I'm a student, but when I'm not too busy with that I make handmade fountain pens, which I am now looking to spice up with some silver overlays again.
    I've only ever done one prototype some years ago but am dreaming of more ambitious pens ever since.

I've also made the odd pendant, but other than that I haven't got much experience.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0564.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	12977

Name:	50016284_347317366122592_2685326691824411083_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	12978

I'll possibly have questions regarding flush setting in the future as that's definitely a skill I'd like to acquire!

Cheers,
    Geoffrey

Hello Geoffrey welcome.

Your prototype pen looks wonderful. Did you saw pierce the silver yourself or buy it like that? Caroline

Looking good Geoffrey, fountain pens seem to be having a bit of a resurgence, I get some strange looks and comments when I use a fountain pen in daily life. Have a look at Silver Meister on YouTube he has made a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Hello Geoffrey welcome.

Your prototype pen looks wonderful. Did you saw pierce the silver yourself or buy it like that? Caroline
    Thanks Caroline!

Yes, it's all pierced and far from perfect. It took what felt like an eternity! But the pen has been in daily (diary) use for more than 3 years now and was absolutely worth it.

Name:	25012373_113157486099642_7586917255728857088_n.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	12980

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Looking good Geoffrey, fountain pens seem to be having a bit of a resurgence, I get some strange looks and comments when I use a fountain pen in daily life. Have a look at Silver Meister on YouTube he has made a couple.
    Thanks I'll check him out!
    Very nice to find others here enjoying fountain pens. I definitely enjoy writing with them more than with anything else!

Cheers,
    Geoffrey
    Last edited by GCS-Creations; 14-04-2021 at 12:49 PM.

How satisfying to use your own pen. Very lovely
    I’ve got so used to using a computer my writing is now illegible unless I use a drawing pen and I expect auto correct! I must look out my fountain pen but the nib isn’t fine enough for me

Caroline you can change the nib on 99% of fountain pens,

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Caroline you can change the nib on 99% of fountain pens,
    I’ll have to look into that Bob I think I got it for my 21st which was a long time ago!

I might be able to give you advice on it if you let me know the model. A friend of mine runs a shop that solely deals with old and collectible fountain pens!
    China is quite right, nibs usually be exchanged fairly easily.

I personally like vintage 18k gold nibs the most, there's nothing that compares to the subtle springiness of them!

Default Hello from Switzerland

Well well. I have a Schaefer pen which was a 21st birthday present as well. I think I know where it is! I remember the two friends whose present it was and still know one of them. Out it will come for a spruce up. Thank you Geoffrey!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruedeleglise; 14-04-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GCS-Creations View Post
    I might be able to give you advice on it if you let me know the model. A friend of mine runs a shop that solely deals with old and collectible fountain pens!
    China is quite right, nibs usually be exchanged fairly easily.

I personally like vintage 18k gold nibs the most, there's nothing that compares to the subtle springiness of them!
    Mine won’t be quite vintage or maybe it is but not as vintage as the couple I have somewhere that have perished innards. I wouldn’t imagine it’s anything special as we’re didn’t have much money