Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All That Glitters 8pm BBC2 Tonight

Default All That Glitters 8pm BBC2 Tonight

Its on, I'm recording it, is anyone else going to be watching??

Shaun Leane is one of the judges and I can't wait to see what is made and how.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Its on, I'm recording it, is anyone else going to be watching??

Shaun Leane is one of the judges and I can't wait to see what is made and how.
    Thank you Jules. Duly noted.

I haven't been on here for ages but came to see what you all thought. It was nice living vicariously through others making but I was horrified by those time limits.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Harrison View Post
    I haven't been on here for ages but came to see what you all thought. It was nice living vicariously through others making but I was horrified by those time limits.

One of the participants on a fb forum said she hadn’t seen the edit so you have to wonder. It’s like ceramicists say that the pottery show gives a false picture of how long it takes

You think they might have had more than 3 hours for the bangles?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Harrison View Post
    You think they might have had more than 3 hours for the bangles?

I don’t know Kathryn but how do they edit. I know that the pottery people say it’s impossible to produce some of the tasks they put forward in that timeline and they complain that it gives Joe public a false impression. The other point that was raised yesterday on another forum was that if that is the timeline are they properly made and what’s the finish like, would a customer accept it on close inspection. All good telly I expect.
    I haven’t brought myself to watch it as I lost my mojo a year ago and haven’t made anything since

Ok let me in on the secret is "All that Glitters" some type of reality show

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Ok let me in on the secret is "All that Glitters" some type of reality show
    Yes Bob only this time it’s jewellers. We have sewing, pottery and of course lots of baking and cooking. I believe that the first project was to design and make 3 bangles in 3 hours but someone else can probably tell you more until I get around to watching.I wonder how you edit filming of jewellery being made if you know nothing about the processes but then that’s me overthinking

Editing is not magic even with so called reality shows ( which there is no such thing) you just Film/video/capture as many takes as you need then assemble them to suit. That is is the art of editing making it look like it is not edited. No need to know anything about what you are filming, you have a "advisor" who hopefully has some training on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I don’t know Kathryn but how do they edit. I know that the pottery people say it’s impossible to produce some of the tasks they put forward in that timeline and they complain that it gives Joe public a false impression. The other point that was raised yesterday on another forum was that if that is the timeline are they properly made and what’s the finish like, would a customer accept it on close inspection. All good telly I expect.
    I haven’t brought myself to watch it as I lost my mojo a year ago and haven’t made anything since
    I haven't been at the bench since last July since getting covid and developing long covid. Do you miss it? I hope you're ok.

I usually hate 'reality' shows but somehow this bypassed my hate.

I was pretty stressed out that the bespoke item was made in 4 hours, I can't imagine it cleaned up as well as they would have wanted but on tv it looked fine.