Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not able to melt 30g of silver have to buy new torch, please advise

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	142139746_10158268287424069_1255610453495942778_n.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	12971

It would originally have been hand painted. It has a little attachment point for sewing on but that will be easy to file off

i’ve run out of scrap silver to melt down ... One of the problems with casting you can get through a lot of it.
    i’m waiting on a delivery of bronze casting grain i’ve ordered from the USA which i’m looking forward to trying out.

has anyone else had experiences with bronze grain and delft clay... does it flow as well as silver? do you have problems with porosity? x nick

Ahhh... how sweet is that terrier ..... looks like it would cast very well ... looks like no undercut at all on the face of the disc ... coin shaped items like this I tend to always cast in the vertical position. this makes cutting the flow channel easy and because you have a plain area just above the dogs head the silver would be easy to cut and file back to a disk shape after casting. ... I won’t Babble on too much at you..... but I made a very short video about casting this exact shape ... it’s on my YouTube channel, ... nicks creative stuff ... only one minute long video ... how to cast a leaf ... hope you have a go ... all the best Nick

thanks for doing that Dennis ... also nice to see other peoples creations ... like the look of your work very sculptural and unique .

I would give the first prize to the silver fish...

The one that looks like a salmon