Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not able to melt 30g of silver have to buy new torch, please advise

So a few more of these I might get it to work .....

Quote Originally Posted by nicks creative stuff View Post
    Thanks Caroline for that golden nugget of information .... probably find all the answers to life‘s difficulties if one digs deep enough. ... x Nick
    I wish it was as simple as that! Although tbh this isn’t always the easiest forum to find things in and it needs a lot of patience. There are only a few of us still actively trying to share our knowledge so doing searches on topics can throw up a lot of info from a wider knowledge base

Sorry to be boring ..... but if I paste a YouTube link does it normally show in red if it’s live and active.

Good work Caroline willing to share your knowledge on here hope you find enough time to be making .

I’ve been putting all my effort into making jewellery videos bit of an amateur but great fun.

Finally worked it out ... found this somewhere in the rules ... “Live links can be used after 15 posts only”

Thanks for your help with it

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Valuable advice, but dont be surprised if palnik does not return to acknowledge your answer; an annoying feature of forums.
    Still you're not talking to yourself. There are hundreds of lurkers out there who will take in your recommendations, but are too shy to say so. Dennis.
    Well it was definitely appreciated by me. I have opened my Delft Clay box, taken a look and put it away again! I need to take the plunge sooner or later!

hi Caro, yes take the plunge , .... I love the results you can get with delft clay... you don’t need to commit yourself after making a mould if it doesn’t look right... it’s always worth practising mouldmaking techniques first then smash it up like a sandcastle and start again you won’t waste anything. have fun and play with it first before getting serious and melting silver or bronze.
    Last edited by nicks creative stuff; 29-03-2021 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicks creative stuff View Post
    hi Caro, yes take the plunge , .... I love the results you can get with delft clay... you don’t need to commit yourself after making a mould if it doesn’t look right... it’s always worth practising mouldmaking techniques first then smash it up like a sandcastle and start again you won’t waste anything. have fun and play with it first before getting serious and melting silver or bronze.
    I really must - I have a lovely vintage terrier button that I want to cast and set which is why I bought it. Thank you for the encouragement.

yes do it ... If it looks like it originally came out of a mould it would be perfect for copying and casting... if it has any awkward undercut that would prevent it coming out of the sand neatly this can be temporarily filled with something like wax or even Blu-Tack can work... would be nice to see it if you can you post a pic.
    Last edited by nicks creative stuff; 30-03-2021 at 06:29 PM.