Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Give A Person Who Has Everything?

Default What Do You Give A Person Who Has Everything?

Why, a fancy duck to head her computer screen of course.

The many pieces were cut out from 3.00 mm acrylic sheet, glued together edge to edge, and then fixed onto a clear backing.

My second picture shows the frosted bracket which allows it to sit securely on the frame of the screen

The third picture shows the ornament in place, and

Picture four my mini belt sander, an essential tool for ensuring that the edges are finished to the scribed line and remain vertical.
    Those who have seen it before will recognise its temporary home: my faithful work horse, which doubles as a draw bench. The downside is that I need to Kneel on the floor to use it for this.
    Dimensions of duck: 50 mm tall x 100 mm long Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fd 1  Fancy Computer Duck.jpg   Fd 2 The Bracket.jpg   Fd 3 The Duck In Its Place.jpg   Fd 4 The Mini Belt Sander.jpg  

I like it (I would have put it in front of the camera) "kneel on the floor" that's enough of the bad language please.

It’s completely bonkers Dennis in the nicest possible way!
    Like Bob my big concern was the need to kneel on the floor to do anything but then I thought about the shenanigans required to keep me upright in the workshop sometimes.

Fantastic! We love ducks here Clever little bracket too - it looks like it works perfectly.

I don't think you should be kneeling though. It's not very dignified (or it certainly isn't when I do it). If you must get that low down, at least manoeuvre yourself into an attractive half lotus and chant a little while you're down there.

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Fantastic! We love ducks here Clever little bracket too - it looks like it works perfectly.

I don't think you should be kneeling though. It's not very dignified (or it certainly isn't when I do it). If you must get that low down, at least manoeuvre yourself into an attractive half lotus and chant a little while you're down there.
    Now that conjures up a whole other picture George.Probably on a par with praying that you can get back up again and don’t have to call for help!

Very nice Dennis, great idea, is it a Mandarin? Does he have a name?

Yes, he or she is a winner! But no kneeling for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you all for looking and your concern for my knees.

He's not in front of the camera, because a lot of Zooming goes on. He is a mandarin duck with artistic license. Dennis.

I really admire the all the joins between pieces, all those curving sections! It looks so neat and I suspect that isn't easy to achieve.

Thank you Sheena. Tedious and fiddly actually.

Its found a new use for my mini light box, originally made to build close fitting bezels.

The components are:
    A translucent box to work on
    An LED cupboard light
    Tape on the light to reduce glare (optional) Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mlx2 Light Box And Collet.jpg   mlx3 The Compenents.jpg  
    Last edited by Dennis; 26-03-2021 at 10:55 AM.