Thread: Help

Default Help

Can anyone help please I'm at my wits end - I broke one of my Busch drill bits taking it out of Foredom handpiece so thought I'd put a new collet in - no matter what I do the new one doesn't seem to tighten when I drop the lever - photos are closed on left and open on right - any advice please
    Efo

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

End of the bit left in?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I'm not sure why you changed the collet. It should be easy enough to remove the shank of a broken drill.

However if the new collet needs adjusting you will find A YouTube demonstration here. https://www.google.com/search?client...11fAP0IKHsAU14

You will need a 1.5mm Allen key, but I presume you already have that Dennis.

Sorry I haven't described properly- I got the bit out - I was thinking of changing the collet anyway as it wasn't holding some bits and grabbing others too tight - the new collet is not tightening at all - I've watched the video and done everything - I've measured the 5mm and screwed with Allen key but not closing at all - do you know of anyone who does servicing in UK?

This is the bit that broke - I felt that when I was drilling it was forcing the bit in then I couldn't get it out and it snapped

Sorry to hear that.
    I would try Milnes Brothers first, as I have had experience of them. Cousins Also advertise Foredom service.
    https://milnesbros.com/
    https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/p...rranty-foredom Dennis.

Is the collet the correct size it looks a bit big big I think it should be a 2.35mm one. they only close up a small amount so its important to get the right size

Thanks for the advice and links Dennis - Josef1 that is the size I ordered and it looks the same as the old one- maybe I've got a faulty one thanks again guys

Hi Dennis just another wee thank you for link - Ian at Milnes Bros fixed my problem free of charge - excellent service - good call

Thank you for your feed back. We go back 25 years. It's where I bought my first reconditioned micromotor. Kind regards, Dennis.