Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inspiration

I don't mind questions if you have any, might be a few I have not thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I don't mind questions if you have any, might be a few I have not thought of.
    I came across these two videos this morning which seems to be a bit of a coincidence. While the applications is different the principles are the same and temperatures are similar to what is required for enamel. He covers all of the questions that I have about the process although the size and shape that enamelling requires will be different. Take a look I think it is pretty good, what do you think? There are 2 parts to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEutl9V1YGA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO1lgPsX7iA

My questions are about how to construct the frame which will hold the bricks together and what cement you use to seal the joints between the bricks, how will the cemented bricks and frame fit together, how the door mechanism will work, will you need a circuit cut off while the door is open, what would you use to seal the door when its closed, are you going to have a view port, what control mechanism are you going to use for the temperature control.

Yes I have seen those videos over "complicated' I will make the unit up self standing then I will measure and weld up a angle iron frame, back section of the frame will be attached by screws so if I ever need to replace a brick I can disassemble
    The Cement is called Thermgrip ( Morgan advanced materials ) only needed where the bricks do not overlap, I will not have a cutoff switch as with enameling sometimes you want just have quick look and you don't want it shut down every time you have peek.
    The door will seal brick to brick, the bricks will be cut to set a small distance inside the kiln, my plan is to have a cantilever door that lifts up and out of the way, I was not going to have a viewing port my my friend said I should include one, she thought she would use it but she uses it all the time, so I will drill a hole in the door with a hole saw, and try find some heat proof glass probably Mica, not essential as you can just use a plug to stop any heat escaping.
    Controller is a Inkbird PID.
    Be patient I am onto this and will post pics at all the stages of construction, overall will most likely take a week or two life gets in the way unfortunately.