Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello! Excited to Be Here!

Default Hello! Excited to Be Here!

Good Morning!

Thank you for accepting me to the group! I'm just posting a quick hello before I go back to checking on my kids' homeschooling activities!

My name is Sami, and I started learning to make jewellery about 10 years ago. I kicked off with silversmithing at the time. Then my daughter came along, and I haven't had much time to do anything for about 8 years! Now that both kids are starting school, I'm back to learn again. I started at the beginning of the year (a pseudo New Year's resolution) and (finally) opened my copy of Wire Jewelry Masterclass. I've been going through a lot of the projects and getting some practice with wire work, which I'm enjoying. It's nice to be able to fit it in at home, without worrying about sharp objects and chemicals being around the kids.

I've also been sorting out some space at home for a workbench. It's outside in our shed, so away from the kids. I'm really looking forward to the kids going back to school and being able to spend some time outside in the workshop. It's just not appealing in the dark after they've gone to bed!

I'm sure I'll be back again to bombard you all with questions. In the meantime, this is the latest pendant I have been working on

Thank you again for letting me join the group!
    Sami

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	12912

Hello Sami, and welcome to the forum. I hope your shed is not too cold. Dennis.

Hello! Look forward to seeing what else you make in your shed!

Hi, welcome aboard!

Goodness this is exciting. I wonder what Andrea's going to try to sell us...

It's a familiar pattern, isn't it?

(Decided I couldn't be bothered waiting for them to spam the forum for a change, so pushed the button)
    Last edited by ps_bond; 29-04-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Default Hello! Excited to Be Here!

Well didn’t mean to write anything! Sorry. As a matter of interest how did you guess they or him/her were up to no good?
    Last edited by Ruedeleglise; 04-05-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Well didn’t mean to write anything! Sorry. As a matter of interest how did you guess they or him/her were up to no good?
    They either give a random answer on quite a few old posts to get their number up so they can post a link or their first post is to welcome another new member.
    I find a bit of spam baiting passes the time when you’re bored but then I live a sad life!

I also tend to check IP addresses - there's certain locations are more common than others for spam.