Thread: Burners for sievert professional torch.

Default Burners for sievert professional torch.

I have been using the above with the needle flame 3537 for my small soldering jobs and then a large unwieldy go gas torch for larger bits. I want to get a new burner for my sievert kit instead. I do have a general burner 3941 but that is like taking a sledge hammer to crack a walnut!.....Which burner would you advise? I assume a needle type flame is most controllable.??? The specific problem I have met is soldering heavier bangles. The needle point 3537 just doesn’t have the welly to heat up that weight of silver.
    David.

When I bought my sievert decades ago I bought 3 burners, the needle, a medium and the big scary one The needle has never been out of its box and the only time I use the big one is if I’m making cuffs and I need a bit of welly. I’ve just about got used to the noise and size of flame but scared myself the first time. I use the medium one for all my soldering and have a wee cooks torch for making balls or balling up ear wires. Hope this helps Caroline Ps I would give you the number but not sure it’s the same one as it’s so old

Oh it’s before STD!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Oh it’s before STD!

I’m assuming that STD doesn’t stand for what came up when I searched so sorry I’m being a big dim!
    The number on the nozzle I use is 3940 but not sure if that relates to present parts
    Last edited by CJ57; 03-03-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Burner 3940.....perfect ! The ideal balance. A controlled dragon compared to the 3941 which is good for plumbing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Burner 3940.....perfect ! The ideal balance. A controlled dragon compared to the 3941 which is good for plumbing!

Happy to hear it suits!