Thread: Polishing compounds Luxi or Dialux?

Cool Polishing compounds Luxi or Dialux?

I first started making jewellery in the 70's and still have ancient tripoli and rouge!

I have seen Dialux and Luxi products on Cookson's website and wondered whether they are cleaner/safer to use.

I don't think we worried so much about health and safety in those days .... Madryn

I used Dialux back in the 70's took a long break from jewellery now that I am making jewellery again I am using Dialux again and have been for years, with polishing compounds you will get as many different opinions as there are stars in the sky every one has their likes and dislikes, as an example there is a brand that is highly regarded in Europe you can't buy it in Australia because no one will touch it, it is a bit of trial and error when you find one you are happy with stick to it.
    Regarding safety some type of extraction system is pretty much a must have these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Madryn View Post
    I first started making jewellery in the 70's and still have ancient tripoli and rouge!

I have seen Dialux and Luxi products on Cookson's website and wondered whether they are cleaner/safer to use.

I don't think we worried so much about health and safety in those days .... Madryn
    There was no H&S back in the 70s! I moved to Luxi a while back , a late starter as everyone was moving on to Menzerna! With the luxi I still found myself on occasion returning to rouge to work on firestain or get the required finish. I’m now finding the finish menzerna gives is amazing and I’m really anal about finish.
    I have extraction on my machine but I still mask up just as I always did, there is no longer a layer of red over the whole workshop even when it hasn’t been used for months