Hi there,

Does anybody know what could be used to black stamping on rings? I know about liver of sulphur and also about the impressart paste you can use. The paste seems to be no longer available, just the pen but I find this doesn't blacken out stamping as well as the paste.

I'm wondering if there is something I could use on rings that is going to be long lasting? Obviously with rings, people are going to be washing their hands whilst wearing the rings and I just wondered if there was a more durable alternative to liver of sulphur or impressart paste/pen?

I have twisted ring a friend bought me from way back and the grooves of the twist are blackened out with something. It's definitely not liver of sulphur and I'm pretty sure it cannot be the impressart paste as I think it would have worn off by now but it's stayed black in those parts for years even with showering/bathing etc. I'm not looking to do this particular ring as such but I would like to be able to do stamped/engraved rings knowing that the blackened out parts are going to last.

Would be grateful if anyone could advise?
Many thanks
Lou x