Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: soldering mitres

Yes, it is more difficult to join two loose pieces. But if you were to score and bend into an L-shape, it would be self supporting just to run solder into the crevice. And two of those will then combine to make a square.
    Anyhow, the pieces you show are beautiful. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Yes, it is more difficult to join two loose pieces. But if you were to score and bend into an L-shape, it would be self supporting just to run solder into the crevice. And two of those will then combine to make a square.
    Anyhow, the pieces you show are beautiful. Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis. I have decided to do them that way in future. Proper mitres are much too fiddly. I love making boxes. Only problem is, will they sell? I'm using 1mm sterling so they feel really nice in the hand. We'll see.....

Your boxes are beautiful Theresa and I'd happily buy one. I like the addition of the stone on the top, which imo makes them even more desirable.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Your boxes are beautiful Theresa and I'd happily buy one. I like the addition of the stone on the top, which imo makes them even more desirable.
    Thank you Jules, I really appreciate that. I'm sending them to be hallmarked, so hopefully they will be on sale soon.